The cost of a Bean Trailer ranges from around $16,000 to $65,000 depending on which model suits your needs. Bean has six teardrop models at different base prices, see our Comparison webpage to see the complete specs.
The original Bean Stock 1.0 released in 2021 notably sporting rounded black fenders and black raptor trim has been discontinued. We are no longer manufacturing this model. This trailer model has now evolved into the Bean Stock 2.0.
- The standard box dimensions are 60.5″x 21.35″ x 24.76″.
- This box is comes standard on Bean Stalker and is compatible with Mean Bean and Meaner Bean.
- Black Bean’s box dimensions are 60.5″ x 29.4375″ x 24.25″.
- Black Bean’s box can accommodate the optional rack out storage box or Dometic CFX3 75DZ.
- This box is only compatible with Black Bean.
- Mean Bean, Meaner Bean, & Bean Stalker
- For our core line up of trailers popular towing vehicles are Toyota Tacomas, and 4Runners, and Subaru Outbacks. As long as your towing capacity is at least 2700 lbs., any vehicle will work great!
- Black Bean
- The Black Bean is nimble but loaded with value added features. We recommend a vehicle that has a tow capacity of 3500 lbs.
- The Bean Stock 2.0
- This lightweight trailer is compatible with midsize and compact SUVs. Tow it with ease using popular models like Subaru Forester, Subaru Crosstrek, Toyota RAV, Honda CR-V, Ford Escape, and others that have a tow capacity of at least 1,500 lbs.
- Browse our Tow Compatibility webpage to see what trailers are compatible with you vehicle.
Yes, AC is available on Mean Bean, Meaner Bean, and Black Bean models!
Can the new AC be retrofit on Bean?
No, the wiring and roof structure is different. Some Bean owners have had success with Zero Breeze and Ecoflow Wave 2.
- What is the price of the AC?
- The AC cost is $3,250. This option does also require running at least our dual lithium battery option as well.
- Will it operate on battery power?
- Yes, it will operate on dual batteries for a short period. You should plan on relying on a generator or shore power for extended use.
- How long will it operate on battery power?
- Depends on the use. In humid and hot environments, like the beach in North Carolina, we got as little as 3 hours with dual lithium batteries. When running at a more conservative temperature, we have customers that will get a couple nights from the dual battery system.
- Will your solar panel keep up with the AC
- No, the AC depletes power at a higher rate than the solar panel generates power. Please, plan on utilizing a generator or a shore power connection to run the AC for an extended time.
We assume you are using the fridge and lights, and using the vent fan only when you’re inside in the evening or during inclement weather. There are many factors that go into how long your batteries last. Did you leave your refrigerator out and sitting in the sun causing the compressor to kick on more frequently? What temperature did you set it to? Is the weather poor so you’re inside the trailer using the vent fan all day? Even the time of year can affect this.
Rather than list how long the batteries last, here are their energy capacities. This will help determine how long each option lasts comparatively. AGM Batteries can only be used till they hit 50% without damaging the battery. You will effectively have double the capacity with the lithium battery.
AGM: 100Ah, 50Ah usable, 1-3 days normal usage
Li-ion: 105Ah, 105Ah usable, 2-6 days normal usage
Dual Li-ion: 210Ah, 210Ah usable, 4-8 days normal usage
Black Bean only Quad Li-ion: 420Ah, 420Ah usable, 7+ days normal usage
Any battery option can last for multiple days if you are careful about your usage.
We do try to keep a handful of Inventory Trailers available! Occasionally, a Bean will get loose! These are put up for sale on the Inventory Trailers page of our website. Subscribe to our newsletter for instant trailer releases or stop by our website from time to time to see if anything comes up. Reach out to our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org for full specs on the available units.
Beanstock 2.0, Meaner Bean, Stalker, and Black Bean all come standard with Timbren Independent Suspension. We have lifted options available for added clearance, and even a trailing arm air ride suspension option on the Black Bean! Pair the suspension with our articulating hitch options and you have an incredibly capable trailer! Our Meaner Bean trailer is built to go off-road. It’s equipped with a Timbren Independent suspension, Max coupler hitch, off road tires and 17″ of ground clearance, so this gets the job done. We’ve thoroughly tested all of our models on rugged terrain.
Additionally, we use better materials for our cabin construction. The entire body is molded out of a one-piece fiberglass shell with 3/4″ Space Age composite insulation. This defends against leaks and increases longevity. We actually have a lifetime warranty on our roofline too!
Check out our individual trailer pages for specific specs.
Check out our individual trailer pages for specific specs.
We offer retail financing to get you on the road as soon as possible. We work with our lenders to offer you flexible terms, expedited credit decisions and extended terms (120-240 months) as compared to personal loans. We require $2,000 down upon ordering and the remaining amount when the trailer is completed.
Browse our Financing webpage for more information.
Unfortunately, we don’t rent our trailers. However, there are usually a few individuals that rent Bean Trailers locally through Outdoorsy and other rental platforms! Take a look at our Rental referral page to see if there is a trailer nearby!
Browse our Rental Referral webpage for more information!
We offer a Limited Lifetime warranty on our roofline and a structural 1 year warranty. Navigate to our Why Bean page to see our entire warranty disclosure.
All of our teardrops come with solar connection hookups! Solar panels are available as an option.
Yes, but please be careful!
Our trailers come standard with a solar outlet. If you want to use your own solar panel, a non-lite-leaf trailer requires an external solar controller to plug a solar panel into the installed solar port on the trailer.
Bean’s classic design does not come with a toilet but there are some great camping ready porta potty options out there.
Yes we do. We often post updates and trailer walk-throughs on our YouTube channel.
Yes. Keeping it simple is the name of the game. Our trailers are made of a one-piece fiberglass shell, this means any local boat service shop will be able to fix any damage to the trailer shell. Additionally, any RV repair shop should be able to take care of you for plumbing, heating, and suspension related issues.
Mounted on the optional roof rack system, Thule ProBars have a maximum load of 220lbs. dynamic weight. This can accommodate the iKamper Rooftop Tent, awning, and shower room.
We have a couple of wheel options that come standard with the trailers. With The Bean Stock will come standard with a ST205/75R15 tire on a 15” Black Mod Wheel. The Bean Stalker comes standard with a 215/75R15. Both the Stock 2.0 and Bean Stalker can be upgraded to the 235/75R15 AT tires with their optional lift packages. For the Mean and Meaner models, you will get 235/75R15 all-terrain tires mounted on Pro Comp 51 Series wheels.
We only sell directly out of our RV headquarters based in Salt Lake City, Utah but there are still three options available for you.
1. We have a network of Bean ambassadors and owners ready to give trailer tours. If you contact us and let us know where you’re located we can work on setting you up with a tour.
2. Go to our Events page. This way you can see what events and expos we have planned for the year and see if we’re coming to a town near you.
3. Follow us on social media. We often are often out and about exploring the countryside so if you notice we’re nearby please feel free to contact us.
We do not. Used Bean Trailer’s are hard to come by. We do try to have inventory trailers on hand if you are wanting to get into a Bean quickly! You can reach out to our sales team for details on current inventory. If you’re interested in ordering Bean, our lead time is variable so it is best to call in to get an up to date estimate.
Beanstock 2.0 and the Bean Stalker focus on affordability and lower weight, so the spare tire is an option on those 2 models. All of our other models will come standard with a sidewall mounted spare!
Height for the cabin is 54 1/2”.
The height of Mean Bean is 81” tall.
The height of Meaner Bean is 83” tall.
When adding the Thule ProBar with Roof Brackets this will add an additional 2” to trailer height.
Find the model’s trailer height + Thule ProBar height + the height of the tent you’ve picked out and this will equal your total height.
For example, the rooftop tent is 12.5” + Bean Stock 80” + Thule ProBars 2” = 94.5”.
You cannot pick custom colors. We have 20 standard Raptor colors to chose from on all models. Beanstock 2.0 and Bean Stalker will have matching sidewall and endcap colors, while the other models will have Black endcaps to offset the sidewall color. If those 20 colors don’t match your style, we have approximately 90 additional upgraded color options for $650
Yes, we are proud to offer a 1% military and K-12 educator discount! So, if your Bean build is $30,000 we will honor a $300 discount.
Yes, we designed the front spare mount receiver to accept Alta Rack’s 4 Pack Mount. This accommodates bikes with wheel sizes from 20 inch up to 29 inches. The Back Bean also has the ability to add 2 1UP bike racks to the front box. All of our trailers also come with a 2” hitch receiver in the rear rated for 200lbs.
All Bean Trailers are sold factory direct from our facility here in Salt Lake City, Utah. Reach out to our sales team for information on bringing a Bean into Canada.
The weight limit is 200lbs
Yes. The insulation is comprised of 3/4” composite material with an R-value of 1.7. This material is also bug and water resistant
- Bean Stock starting at 165 lbs
- Mean Bean starting at 185 lbs
- Meaner Bean starting at 200 lbs
- Bean Stalker starting at 200 lbs
- Black Bean starting at 350 lbs
The dimensions for the storage rack-out tray are the following:
- Black Bean Galley: 27.5″ deep x 18.5″ wide x 19.25″ tall
- Premium Plus Galley: 18″ x 26 1/2″
- Premium Galley: 18″ x 23 1/2″
- Base Plus Galley: 18″ x 23 1/2″
- Base Galley: Rack-out tray not included
Retrofitting options to your Bean will depend on the year of your trailer, current configuration, and our current service capacity.
Reach out to our sales team directly at email@example.com
Mean, Meaner, Stalker, and Black Bean will come standard with all terrain tires. Beanstock 2.0 will come standard with a road tire, but can be upgraded to all terrain tires with the off road package!
Yes, the composite wall material allows about 12” of extra headroom which makes a big difference in how it feels inside. The total headroom measures 54 1/2″.
Yes, Bean’s interior has a soft touch headliner with dimmable recessed lights and optional white/dimmable interior accent lighting. The galley has utility lighting and accent lighting with variable color. (Accent lighting availability is dependent on the specific trailer model.)
Solar panels will only charge and power the 12-volt system.
The Black Bean comes standard with an inverter that can run the 110v outlets from battery power. There is also a front box inverter option for the other trailer models if you have a need to use 110v accessories.
You could use a solar generator (like a Goal Zero 1500x) to mimic shore power, and activate the 110v outlets.
All Bean Trailer’s have a 6×5.5in lug pattern. The stud threads are ½” x 20, and lug is ¾”.
Bean has one of the most durable teardrop campers available in the country. Our trailer’s cabin is constructed from a one-piece fiberglass shell. Our base is made from composite materials, and a powder coated steel frame.